I'm hoping for clear skies tomorrow night during the Star Party at Airlie Gardens in Wilmington, North Carolina. It sounds like it will be a great way to experience astronomy first hand.
Date: Friday, April 5
Time: 7-10 PM
Location: Airlie Gardens (300 Airlie Road, Wilmington)
Here's the information supplied by the Cape Fear museum:
The Statewide Star Party is the official kickoff event to the 2013 North Carolina Science Festival.
At this free event, visitors can:
- Go on a laser-guided constellation tour
- Get up close views of galaxies, nebulas, and more through telescopes
- Bring your own viewing equipment and locate celestial objects
- Meet local astronomers and educators and get celestial identification tips
- Build your own planisphere and learn how to use it to locate stars and constellations
For more information, please visit the Cape Fear Museum site: