Great news for our new President of WRAR, Jody Waino, with her overview of sales in our area over the past year:
When analyzing ten major zip codes in our region – 28403, 28405, 28409, 28411, 28412, 28451, 28480, 28428, 28449, and 28443 – an average of the zip codes for year-end 2013 shows that:
- Our average sales price has increased by 4.2% from year-end 2012.
- Of the 4,643 sellers in 2013, 26.77% paid some sort of concession toward the purchase of the house.
- Our list to sales price ratio for year-end is 96.41%, an increase from 95.26% for year-end 2012.
- The average list price of the sold properties is $265,687 and is up 2.9% from year-end 2012.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for the year was 121 days, compared to 145 days for year-end 2012.
- The median sold price of $205,000 for year-end has increased 5.1% from year-end 2012.
She provided an overview of each zip code, but I am including only 28405 in this blog as it received the most "best of" from the list of codes. This area includes Landfall, Mayfaire, Parkside at Mayfaire, Snug Harbor, Tanbridge Park, and many more.
- The average selling price of $293,443 has increased 15.0% from year-end 2012 average selling price of $255,129. The best of all zip codes.
- 23% of sellers in 2013 paid a concession compared to 28% for year-end 2012.
- The average list price of $307,332 for 2013 has increased 13.0% from year-end 2012 average list price of $271,880. The best of all zip codes.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for 2013 was 141 days compared to 150 days for year-end 2012.
- The median sold price of $185,000 for 2013 has increased 8.5% from year-end 2012.
- Sold homes in 2013 received 95.48% of the asking price, an increase from 93.84% for year-end 2012.
I live in this area and will be happy to assist if you have any real estate or lifestyle questions.
Email, text, or call me at your convenience. 808-224-8816
By Paul Coffman